Household Products That Are Toxic To Dogs

Many household products are dangerous and deadly for your dog. Learn what these dog poisons are.

You need to teach your pooch that some things are good to put in her mouth and some things are bad. And there are plenty of very evil things right in your very home that can be deadly to your pet, if it decides to take an interest in them.

There are many plants that can be dangerous to dogs. These indoor plants include but are not limited to mistletoe, marijuana, poinsetta, tobacco, cactus, dumb cane, and philodendron. Some outdoor plants that are harmful to dogs include azaleas, daffodils, horse chestnuts, tulips, wild mushrooms, rhubarb, and morning glories. Sometimes a hungry dog might try munching on these flowers in order to get something to eat. So you want to watch it closely and keep these plants out of reach of your pet.

There are many other edibles that are known to be hazardous to your pet. You shouldn't overlook these items just because they don't smell good and don't taste good. You might be surprised what a dog thinks sounds interesting to taste.



Other poisons include rat poisons, antifreeze, gasoline, kerosine, ibuprofen, lime, paint thinner, Tylenol, rubbing alcohol, lighter fluid, chocolate, deodorant, and soap. You need to make sure you at all times keep these items out of reach. Items like Tylenol and soap might be easy to have on the floor for a period of time for you, and you may not think anything of it. But you should. It can be harmful to your dog.

The best thing you can do is to go through your house and think like your dog. Look at anything that might look interesting for your dog to sniff or nibble at. Make sure these items are out of reach from your pet. If you're worried about your pet eating plants and these other items, make sure you keep your dog well nourished and with a proper amount of calories, so she won't be hungry as much.

© High Speed Ventures 2011